Shared Custody Agreement Nz

For 50/50 guard plans, which require more frequent exchanges, communication must be developed and conflicts contained. Traffic jams happen, meetings come too late, and if parents aren`t able to communicate productively and civilly, these bumps on the street can become big problems. If you and your co-parent are struggling to maintain peaceful communication, choose a 50/50 schedule with a minimum number of exchanges or consider choosing a different distribution of parental leave. If you both want to, you can get the family court to turn your private agreement or educational plan into a consent settlement. This means that if someone violates the agreement, you can get the court to enforce it. The court does not make a decision for you if you make a consent order. It uses the agreement you have already entered into and makes it enforceable by the court. Countless meetings, mediations and round tables meant that the couple did not reach an agreement. The father says the case is pending in family court. He does not expect a positive result.

You can apply for an urgent custody order if you or your children are threatened with domestic violence or if your children are removed from New Zealand without your consent. With a community daycare recently introduced at his insistence, the father sees his children every other weekend and every other week during the school holidays. He would like to spend as much time with his children as his mother, but he says she won`t agree. Sometimes her child can take turns living it for a week (shared custody). Joint educational agreements that would require travel between cities and municipalities during school holidays should also not take place. For a while, I lived abroad and kept in touch with phone calls, gifts and cards. In the end, I came back to New Zealand because I missed her and especially because she needs her father. Now his mother and I share his custody 50-50.

However, if the parents cannot decide on the care of their child or their children. Either may apply to the Court for a ruling on them. Although at first glance, a common care agreement seems to be the most equitable agreement that can be reached. The court will be guided by only one thing, and that is what is considered „in the best interests and well-being of the child.” Don`t worry! You may not have sole and full custody of your children, but if you wish, you can secure shared custody or, at the very least, regular access. It is best if you manage to reach an agreement directly with your partner who takes care of your children if you separate. . . .